Thursday, January 21, 2016

Gaming Budget

I decided to come up with a budget to control gaming and gaming related purchases.
I think the best way to control it is to also tie it to my savings.

ie, 25% of everything I put into savings can be used to gaming things.
Or, everytime I want to buy something I need to also put 3x that amount into my savings account.

This won't apply to current pre-orders or things I just got in the mail (but to compensate my tax return is going completely to home repairs and none to gaming, so I think we'll even out a little)

I will try to apply it immediately though. For example, right now Best Buy has the launch edition of Rodea on Wii U for $40. With my GCU discount I could get it down to $32 or so. Meaning I also have to put $96 into my savings account if I want to buy this, making total 'expense' $128

There will undoubtedly be some exceptions. Maybe favorite franchises like Neptunia or very limited editions like the Fire Emblem Fates SE. Seriously, any Nintendo pre-order I see that I want is getting placed immediately these days. They sell out way too fast.

Alternate ways to compensate are also excluded.
I can use my credit card cashback rewards without this rule. Same for gift cards from bing rewards.

That's about it for now. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment