Sunday, January 31, 2016

Games Beaten catch up post (2/1/2016)

I haven't beaten nearly as many games as I've acquired recently, so the backlog continues to swell. I did manage to beat a few though, at least.

Panzer Dragoon Saga
Cel Damage HD
Amplitude

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a charming game in my collection. It's incredibly unique and I appreciate a lot that it pulled off in its world building and storytelling, but even though I'd say I definitely enjoyed the game I found it difficult to keep coming back to it to play some more. Confession time: I only made it to the part where you approach the tower the last time and really, really didn't feel like doing it, so I just YouTube'd the ending :x I will say that I have a much greater appreciation of Panzer Dragoon Orta after seeing the ending, though.



Cel Damage HD - This game was on sale recently and was one I kind of wanted as a kid. I had an original Xbox as my console of that generation along with an official Xbox Magazine subscription. One of the demos I really enjoyed playing over and over was Cel Damage. It's not a great game, but I was happy to spend a few bucks to relive it on my Vita for a bit.



Amplitude - I dig it. I liked the original Amplitude on PS2 a lot when I was a kid. The PS4 game is quite short, but the original music met all of my expectations. Changing lanes and keeping a multiplier going on the highest difficulties is a lot harder than I remember it being. I just can't tell with my peripheral vision which button that note is going to be a split second after I seek a different track. Otherwise, I'm really happy this Kickstarter was successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment